Sunday, May 27, 2012

Valves By Request

I had a request for additional details on some of the valves I use.   I polished up my drawing and loaded it on the website, www.rocketmoonlighting.com/valves.   It includes a little bit of useful details about o-ring material as well as McMaster-Carr part numbers.


Open Source Hardware is all the rage these days.  I'm not sure that OSH will be quite the revolution that OSS was - replicating hardware from a "source" has a higher barrier to entry than replicating executable software from source.  It also takes more time and effort to develop new hardware - I wonder about the sustainability of OSH because in the end, people have to be compensated for their time somehow.

In any case, part of the point of this post is that I do requests!  So if people have things they want to see, drop me a line or post a comment.

No comments: