Sunday, February 22, 2009
I can't believe that Feburary is almost over. Due to my day job, I haven't had much free time to work on the new N2O-propane motor. However, today I finally finished mounting it on the test stand. I intend to test ignition and thrust levels using very short duration tests. After I've gotten that worked out, I will go through the trouble of adding the regenerative cooling to the chamber.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
I offered to run some CFD for Paul Breed of a simple "rocket like" geometry - a 8" by 8' tube. I picked an arbitrary ogive nose cone and a bluff tail.
Here is the Mach number contour for the 150 m/s case.
The free stream conditions were:
p 27580. Pa
rho 0.376 kg/m^3
T 255.4 K
V 150.0 m/s
Drag 55.1 N
The calculated Cd is 0.40. 300 m/s and 600 m/s results to follow.